This meme is The Latest Thing, but I do have a question. If you read someone else’s 25 things, and you KNOW an item needs clarification, do you call them on it? For example: someone says “I like beer” and you know that they “like beer” the way “fish like water”, do you say something? or just let it go?
2. I grew up wishing I were Laura Ingalls Wilder on The Prairie. Then I found Ree and did a small squee of delight. Modern Mama on the Prairie, yanno? Then Ree wrote of waking up at 430am and needing to chop ice and having buckets of calf nuts and preg testing cattle…and the cold hard smack of reality got me.
3. I managed to mess up the last batch of homemade playdough.
4. When I was a child, I read constantly. Now? Not so much.
5. Picking 25 things is harder than I thought it would be.
6. I want to cook new things. I do not want to be the only one eating said new things. Therefore I lust over recipes and may even verify the presence/absence of ingredients in my cupboard – but generally speaking it goes no further than that.
7. I’m not sure which bothers me more, #4 or #6.
8. The vast majority of my friends live at least two states away. If not further.
9. I’m really sick of seeing labels that say Peanut Butter Cookies May contain Peanuts. Is this not obvious? Have we gone that far into stupidville? (Don’t answer that.)
10. I absolutely suck at being a housewife. And I’m okay with that.
11. My daughter was not allowed to watch Spongebob when it first came out.
12. I drive a go-kart. A go-kart with a v-8 engine. VROOM!
13. My Mamaw told me I’m not through having babies yet – that I’m gonna have two more. I’ll be 39 this year. Can we say EEK together? I knew we could!
14. I love Alton Brown. Science *and* cooking? mmmmmmm
15. I’ve learned a lot about what I enjoy by doing a WHOLE lot of things that I didn’t.
16. My hair has not been its natural color since I was 15 and in love with Sun-In. See also: prematurely gray.
17. The status of the laundry pile is an astoundingly accurate indicator of my mental status. All laundry folded = panic attack imminent. Dirty laundry mountain = depressed and/or overscheduled. (Usually depressed.)
18. I wrote Letter to my Body on February 18, 2008.
19. I was born on the 19th.
20. Despite having friends in various locales and open invitations, I have never been outside the continental US.
21. I was horribly horridly depressed when I was 21. Floundering. I was supposed to be All Grown Up Now, but had no clue what I wanted to do – so I sat in a recliner. My hiney has never been the same.
22. My twenty-second post on this site was a Rant on perfectionism. Long story short: I get bogged down by the ENTIRE todo list before I get out of the gate.
24. I updated to WordPress 2.7.1 AND installed a new purple-pastels theme just for this post. And because I need a blast of pastel. And because purple is my favorite color. And because Spring can’t get here soon enough.
24 and a half: In seventh or eighth grade I simply HAD to wear something that was purple. Didn’t matter if it matched, it just had to be purple. Every day. My wardrobe never really recovered from that.
25. I started writing this post on January 31. See also: #5.
Now. I’m not gonna tag anyone on this because SHOOT that took a while to come up with stuff that wouldn’t flat out make you yawn.